At STOPTEK we will help you to pass your test first time.
NCT is a compulsory test that all cars must pass. It ensures that your car is roadworthy and passes all safety checks. All cars over four years old must be tested. These cars are tested every two years. Any car older than ten years must pass the NCT every year. It is an offence to drive a car without a valid NCT. Your NCT lasts about 40 minutes to an hour.
At STOPTEK, we make sure your car is ready for the test. We do all the tests that the centre do, so you pass with flying colours.
The NCT can be booked on-line at www.nct.ie or by telephone on LoCall 1890 412 413.
We take the worry out of your NCT test by offering a comprehensive pre-test check which covers all the important mechanical & safety critical items
How can I best prepare for the NCT and what documents should I bring?
Please prepare for the test by ensuring that:
1. Your car has adequate oil and water.
2. The boot is empty and seats are clear of personal belongings such as removable baby seats. If the baby seat is left in the car for the NCT, it will be checked that it is fitted correctly.
3. The vehicle is reasonably clean (especially the under body).
4. The wheel hubcaps are removed (only in the case where the wheel nuts are not visible) and the tyres are inflated to the correct pressure.
5. The engine is in a fit state to be tested e.g. Cam belt/timing belt. You may be asked to sign a disclaimer at the test centre.
6. Seat belts and clips are fully visible.
7. Your registration plates comply with current regulations.
8. NCTS recommend that you have your lights checked and set prior to the NCT.
9. Please ensure you bring identification (Driving licence or Passport only) with you as you will be asked to produce this when presenting your vehicle for inspection at the test
10. Please ensure your vehicle is at a normal operating temperature prior to arriving at the test centre for inspection.
If the above items are not taken care of, NCTS may be unable to test your vehicle. And of course , don’t forget to bring your vehicle registration book, registration certificate or licensing certificate and your test fee! €50 Retests are €28
We carry out a number of checks, including the following